As it happened on Day 6 of RG, in brief.
- In a heart breaking news for the French fans, Gael Monfils' inspired run at this year's French open is over. He held three match points against Tommy Robredo but lost in five sets. The french fans will still pin their hopes on Tsonga and Benoit Paire more than the remaining french players.
- In women's draw, Sharapova, Serena Williams, Radwanska, Sara Errani, Ana Ivanovic registered easy wins in straight sets. Fransesca Schiovone struggled in her three set win over Kirsten Flipkins.
- Janko Tipsarevic prevailed over Fernando Verdasco in five sets. finishing 8-6 in the fifth. Giles Simon also went to five sets in his win over American Sam Querry. In another match, all american, John Isner came back from a two set deficit to prevail over young Ryan Harrison in five.
- David Ferrer, Jo Tsonga, Tommy Haas and Stan Wawrinka came on top in straight sets.
- The only notable upset was, the tenth seed Marin Cilic losing to Viktor Troicki in three straight sets.